FACES OF DEPRESSION

One day I got a mail from a person and it mentioned that he wanted to talk to me about my blog. A very few people have replied to me after they went through my blog and that too all known people. But this guy was new. I called him back and he wanted to meet me and discuss something about my blog. He didn't mention anything on the phone, he wanted to personally meet and talk. I was very curious to know why he wanted to meet me in person. So the next day itself, I went and we met in a coffee shop. He looked around 30's and seemed to be a chill person. He kept on asking about my blog whether everything mentioned over there is true or did I add fake things into it so that I get more readers. His intention was quite unclear, so I didn't want to prove him that everything written in the blog is experienced by me and it's completely true. I am not blaming him as well because nowadays we all can't trust anyone. I made him understand that I started this blog for myself and not to prove anyone or to get many readers. I guess he was kind of impressed with the things I have done and mentioned it on the blog.

Guess what he wanted from me.

He wanted me to give a speech or a talk or an interactive session with a crowd. And when I asked him about the crowd, he told me there would be around 100-150 people approximately and I need to talk about life and depression. Trust me I started laughing there. Here I can't handle my own life and he wants me to give a speech and that too about depression. 

How can I handle this big crowd when I, myself is under depression. Yes, you heard me right. Even I went through it. I love those roller coaster feelings and thrill filled with problems, tension, stress and different different emotions at the same time. I lost interest in many things, my moods kept on changing, it was very difficult to handle my own behavior. I lost 15 kgs in 2-3 months, but for that I Thank some special people because generally it's very difficult to reduce even 1 kg, but this was quick . So much drama and things happened in the past few months which made me realize that I am not in control. But he couldn't believe because I looked all fresh and happy. But coming to the point, I asked him why me. There are hundreds of well trained people to talk about depression and life. In simple words he told me, first he liked my blog and the content, second he want youngsters like me to talk about this issue, so I knew that I was not the only one and third I am free of cost. But you guys know what's the best thing about depression, no fear at all. So for me to talk to a crowd was fine, I even wanted to see the Faces of Depression. And I told him that I was ready for it, just that I need some guidance.


It was not that easy as I thought. Suddenly seeing so many people around you who want to hear something from me, it was terrifying. But one shot of colorless liquid always helps. Most of the people don't talk when they undergo depression, they don't discuss with anyone, they keep it inside and suffer. Mainly because it's very difficult for others to see from their perspective and its very difficult to understand how they are feeling. A small survey was conducted for the crowd so I could get an idea. I understood that on a scale of 0-10, 2 were affected by "Death", 3 by "Abuse", 3 by "cheating" and 2 by other "personal issues". 


Everyone loves to hear stories, so I just began with one. They love even more when it is true. And most importantly everyone will listen if you are narrating your own story. Trust me, you can never identify a person if he/she is in depression. Everyone looked so normal. 45 minutes just went so quickly. 

One soul in this crowd even tried suiciding. Can you imagine the amount of pain one goes through during this situation?

*No one to talk.
*No one to help.
*No one will understand.


Now to the main thing. Death is known and it's a way of nature, we need to deal with it. Now for abuse and cheating, many think revenge is the best relief, but that's bullshit. And cheating means, with respect to money and relationship. 20-30's age group think revenge is relief and 30-50's of age group gave real examples of people who suffered later with their own actions. The point is we should not get stuck in between, life will still move on and we all need to move on accordingly. Your time might be very bad, just believe in yourself, live in the beautiful flow of life, just keep patience and hope for the best. I know it's very easy to say, but we all can try.

I am really glad that I could talk and interact with these people, it was beautiful. It was a new feeling. Personally, I felt good. I felt nice. I came to know that there are so many people out there suffering silently inside and having a great smile outside. Pain plays a very important role for us that teaches us the true value of life. One of the best medicine for this is nature. You go out and travel. And travelling means not necessary foreign or expensive places. A new place, a new ambience which will make you feel much better, that's more than enough. Talk to so many people, do what you like, get busy and automatically you will feel much lighter.  Once in a year, stay away from everything and give time for yourself.

You see someone suffering or you know someone is sad, if possible talk to them. Half of the problem gets sorted when you talk to someone peacefully. 

Comments

Popular Posts