LIFE IS NOT FAIR

I recently got an opportunity to meet an amazing person while I was traveling to Thrissur in train. I am not a person who gets very comfortable with strangers or new people, it always takes some time for me. But this person was different. He made me feel very relaxed in just 30 minutes. His eyes and his words, I just felt that he really wanted to have a good conversation with me. Slowly in sometime we became really good friends. I was surprised to see myself talking and chit chatting non continuously. I don’t want to reveal his name, he was around 45 years old and was from India as well. But my 8 hours of journey till I reached my station, his story changed my perspective about life. I embraced him before exiting the train and thanked him for sharing his beautiful real life story. I came out of the train and sat in the compartment for some time as some things were extremely new to me and it had touched my heart. 

He is from a middle class family and like most of us he too enjoyed his teenage life to the maximum. He fell into a relationship while he was studying in 11th, but it dint last long, and then they both just let it go. He desired to become a lawyer from the very young age, as his eyes could point out all the negative things happening in the society and no one to fix it. He believed by joining the LLB course and becoming a lawyer can hold at least a small impact to the struggling humans around him. His focus was completely into building his career, but a girl’s power is more than that. He got very close to a girl, but it remained as friends only as he just wants to concentrate on his career first. But later on things changed, they started dating. He stated that their relationship was extremely beautiful with a lot of understanding, trust, love, just name whatever needed for a perfect relationship and this couple had all those qualities. Both parents had an idea about their relationship, but never considered it seriously. Later on when career wise things were working good, they leased an apartment and started living together. Things were all going perfect, but we need to understand life is not always fair. His girlfriend poisoned him. And by god’s grace, he survived. He later got to know she was cheating on him and this was their only solution to live together. The whole world just turned upside down for him. He couldn’t believe for a few months that it actually happened. When someone gives their 100% in terms of trust and commitment, then something like this falls out, he simply couldn’t control it. He went into depression, started using drugs. But the worst scenario was he ended up in a mental asylum. Almost 2 years he struggled and was fighting to bring his life back. He obeyed his parents as they pressured him to marry and settle in life. It was very difficult for him to become that old person who enjoys freely, but with time things were becoming better. He slowly started to bring back his career. He was blessed with 2 beautiful daughters. Things were all going perfect but we need to realize that life is not always fair. His wife was diagnosed with kidney failure. It was a little difficult for him to look after the kids and his wife plus regular checkups and dialysis was also required. After one year of struggle, she passed away. Once again he got stranded with his 10 and 12 years old daughters. He dropped his daughters to their grandparent’s house as he needed sometime within himself. He just started traveling somewhere alone. 

I was wondering why he was explaining his whole life story to me that too each and every personal issue that happened to him. Almost 6 months later he got back home. With the hope of staying with his 2 daughters, he started his life again. He looked after them really well, worked hard to support them and fed them whatever they needed. But we need to understand life is not always fair. His eldest daughter, now 20 years old, went into depression. As a father, he tried talking to her, but nothing worked. 2 days later, when he went to her room, he saw that image where no father can handle that situation. She committed suicide by cutting her veins. He immediately rushed her to the hospital, but God had some other plans. She died. The entire family was devastated by the loss of the kid.  He left his hometown with his only daughter and went somewhere very far. He started doing normal daily wages job and supported his daughter. And that’s it. His story is still going on and that’s when he met me. 


After everything, I asked him why he told his entire story to me. A soul who did good to everyone, supported each and everyone, but got destroyed himself. After all this, for a second I thought he was mental. Truly! But then he told I remind him of somebody. 

In this story, everything is not true. I need to make a small change over here.

I mentioned that he fell into a serious relationship and the girl poisoned him, right? It was the other way round. This guy poisoned her and she was in a mental asylum struggling for her life to be back. And her brother was his best friend. I reminded him of this brother it seems. His best friend and his soul mate, he cheated them very badly and left. He went through all this because of his own actions. And now the story makes some sense because his wife and his daughter were the one who paid off his sins and he got affected. He told me one thing very clearly, whatever actions we do to this world, it will have an equal reaction, if not today, surely later on it will happen. He said to me that he was a really awful man who did so much shit to others, but then things became more worse when it happened to him. He never ever thought it would affect him in this way. My station arrived and I had to leave. I could see him smiling, but I guess that smile was hiding his sadness and many regrets. "I can never forget his face". We do a lot of shit to others and someone close to us will pay that off to know the real pain.


Don’t take life too seriously, but that also means no one has the right to put someone down or to hurt someone. Think about it.

Comments

Popular Posts