NIGHTLIFE IN BANGKOK

We all know Bangkok is known for nightlife, shopping and their traditional massages. Is there anything else? My next solo trip was to Bangkok where every guy wishes to go once at least. It was a 6 and a half hours journey from Abu Dhabi. The Suvarnabhumi Airport was well organized, I got a sim for a week from the airport itself and the visa on arrival procedures was quick. The cab took 45 mins to reach the hotel. The best part, it was raining the day I landed and the city looked beautiful. I was staying in a dormitory, it’s more like a hostel, beautifully constructed. I reached the hostel early and i had to wait at the lobby till my bed was ready. Now this was the time I got to meet a lot of solo travelers who came for breakfast where as some were leaving and others were checking in. I came to know that I was the only Indian guy in that hostel. The hotel was filled with Europeans who came to stay there and these people were really amazing. The receptionist and the staff were very friendly, it was more like an outing with a group of new friends. 


After a small nap I took a shower and left the hotel to explore the city. Now i had the option to travel with the hostel mates as this hotel plans everyday a destination. But I wanted to explore alone for the first day. Since I got the sim, I had data and could use Google maps. First I went to MBK, the largest shopping mall in Bangkok. It was around 3.5 kms, so I was ready to walk. My journey was filled with temples, a lot of street food and also the weather was really good. Now this mall is eight stories high and has every single thing you need. Later on I got into a motorbike taxi where I explored the city at night and experienced the night life as well. Bike taxis are cheap and truly fun. Be extra careful with the money as the nightlife here is very busy and crowded. I walked around 15 kms the first day to clearly explore, try amazing food and to meet new people. 


The second day I booked a tour guide to see the beautiful temples and to know the history behind it. There are around 40000 temples approximately in whole of Thailand. In Bangkok, there are many night markets in streets for shopping and food. I got a really good Thai massage near my hostel itself. Now there are many places for massages, so make sure you chose the best one. Later on I went back to the lobby and joined a group of people who were chilling and just chit chatting. The next day I had buffet from the Thailand's tallest hostel, Baiyoke Sky Hotel. More than the food, I enjoyed the beautiful view. I went around 5 pm, so I could see the amazing sunset as well. The last day I booked a one day pattaya trip with a group of people. It was a 2 hours journey and they took us to a coral Island. We went to the island in a speed boat. Trust me guys, this island was amazing and crowded. Go swim, click pictures and have crazy food and drinks. Parasailing, underwater diving, Ride a boat, go snorkeling to offshore islands and a variety of water sports were available in Coral Island, Pattaya.



This trip was filled with wonderful people that i got to meet, amazing different varieties of food, beautiful temples and buildings. My mode of transportation was cab, motorbike, Tuk Tuk (Auto Rickshaw), boat and metro. If you have plans to shop, you people need really good bargaining skills. Always a little planning is required in terms of money and the places to visit. Otherwise, you are going to lose a lot of cash on the first day itself. I kept a certain budget for 4 days which went very well. If you are an interested traveler, always keep a certain budget and try maximum to not go beyond that.

I created a small video of my journey. Hope you guys enjoy the teaser. 🙋




Comments

Popular Posts