BUSY LIFESTYLE IN HONGKONG

It was a truly hectic day because I always end up doing last minute packing and got high fever too. The trip to Hong Kong was already planned with my sister and was impossible to cancel it. I was almost dead inside the flight as it was very freaking cold. Sipping wine and trying to cool down my body was the only way. I rarely get a chance to travel so I had to prepare myself and be strong and get over this fever.


Tesla taxi was waiting for us at the airport with our names on the board. Now the driver was very friendly, he showed us how the car works automatically and was talking about the city. He took us directly to the hotel. We both just slept off at the reception as we had to wait for an hour for the room. Now we planned this trip, as in we listed out what all places we had to visit and explore. I am telling you guys, we have to walk if you really want to see the city. At the end of the day, your legs have to pain instead of getting tired and that's when you need to wind up. I guess the first day we walked around 6 kms. And trust me it is not at all tiring or bored when you are in a new city as we had a lot of unique things to see. It is always a stunning feeling when you see something for the first time. We got free shuttle buses from the hotel, so they guided us very well too.

Anyone know what is the best thing when you visit a country for the first time? It is their culture, the people, the food and the smell. Every country has a different pleasant smell. All these factors together make a traveler wander and explore the beautiful sights of the country. I realized that the problems we are facing in our life are sometimes very minute but take it very seriously and destroy oneself. When I traveled, I came across many things and saw many live situations, talking to new people taught me how to live freely and to be blessed and happy with what we have.

Now what I have noticed something different in Hongkong is that there is no place to sit, especially in malls and each and everyone is very busy with their work. Our mode of transportation was shuttle buses, metro and walking. We visited the Peak tram which showed us the beautiful upper views of the Hongkong island. The tram covers a distance of 1.4kms to Victoria peak and then an elevation of 400 meters. We got to see the Tian Tan Buddha and over here the best part is that we had to climb 268 steps to reach the Buddha. We also hit the Ngong ping 360 and the Disneyland which is very popular among tourists. There were many photographers who click your crazy pictures and we end up paying for one of them. Now for me, food was a little difficult as I didn't enjoy their taste much but I saw many others did. So it's just my bad. I crashed into an Indian restaurant which was very average and expensive too.


Now what I loved about this country is the busy lifestyles of people and if u need help, people are always there around you. But sometimes you need a google translator, I figured out most of the people don't know English. Since we used to walk a lot, we spoke to a lot of people for directions, even though they tried to help, communication was difficult for both of us. Our plan to visit Macau for one day got canceled as we really got tied up in this city. But we both got to enjoy and tried maximum to see the whole city in 3 days, however possible.

Comments

Popular Posts